Friday, November 2, 2012

Aussie in Adana - Turkey


Blog 1: Aussie in Adana – My Turkish Blog
By Andrew Rowland


First let me say before I start the ground rules of my blog.

The opinions expressed here are just the opinions of an Aussie that regularly travels to Adana for reasons of Family and Fun.

I am not paid by any organisation and this certainly isn’t on behalf of any tourism body because from what I can see, it is hard to find any effective tourism body in Adana. My thoughts and reviews are honest, uncluttered by outside interests or sponsorships, however I might include some helpful links on this site to illustrate my thoughts.

This blog is purely a platform to diary my journey and to express help hints and tips about the wonderful city of Adana, a busy apartment city of some 1.6  million people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adana

 Adana is an ancient city, fought over for thousands of years. It is a city of commercial and agricultural with wonderful fruit and vegetable street markets. It is a hidden jewel of culture, delicious foods, wonderful hidden street markets and surrounded by the most fascinating ancient history and archeological sites.

You won’t find Adana on the regular tourist trails as it’s not promoted as a tourism destination in Turkey though it certainly has much to offer.  If you know where to go and what to do, you’ll have a wonderful time exploring this city.

Since 2008 I have been regularly visiting Adana for months at a time to visit the family of my beautiful wife Aylin. Aylin will feature in many photos as I’m often behind the camera.

As an Aussie, ingrown with a spirit of adventure and I love to explore.



In Adana I have set out, often on foot to explore the city. Having in-laws here has set me with some advantage but there’s nothing better than finding things out for yourself also. And as there are not many foreigner’s here, I am treated by the locals very well, sometimes like a celebrity. It’s a nice feeling.

Let me set Context. My wife is Turkish “grown” (as they say) in Adana. We met in Istanbul in 2007 and married here in 2008. I am an Australian from NSW. We now have a wonderful little boy together, Michael, half Turkish, half Aussie. Michael is 3 and a half (latest update Nov 2013). So family friendly will also be noted in this blog.

Also I need to say I am no writer, just a typical Aussie male that love his sports, his food and to explore new things. So forgive the odd or even frequent mistake! I am no journalist so sorry to you readers that are! :-)

Enough Said

No comments:

Post a Comment