Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Blog 26 Aussie in Adana 2016

Blog 26   Aussie in Adana 2016 "The Surface"
 I'm Back! 


I'm back in Adana in 2016 on my 8th visit and it feels very familiar, nostalgic even. The familiar sounds, a chorus of sounds really that penetrate the day and night make me feel instantly I’m back to a place I know already so well. 


The call to prayer from the numerous mosques, the traffic, always a chorus of horns and sirens, the low flying planes taking or and landing at Adana airport, the unmistakable horn of the train pulling into Adana Station or the loud cries of market stores and shop owners beckoning their customers to buy their products or come into their store, the music from cars and apartments blocks and just the noise or tightly pack humanity in the thousands of apartment blocks form such a collage of sounds. 



Adana to the uninitiated may seem like an assault of sound, but to the people or Adana, it’s a symphony, the welcome sounds that they have grown up with, even the sounds of comfort and safety of their home life and what makes their hearts beat.


Busy Adana with its colours, smells and its tactile feel underfoot of its cobble stone streets. Mysterious Adana with its interesting little side allies which squeeze into each other as humanity flows through and interacts together. On the surface, not much has changed over the last 3 years since my last visit. Adana is still a hot bed of life, tasty foods and interesting market trade.


In the last few days I took a nostalgic walk around Adana and so I start the Aussie in Adana 2016 experience with some nice pictures of people and places. These pictures need little explanation and it just feels nice to look and take it all in again…


Take a walk with my eyes now as I post some of my Adana first pictures of 2016, the "surface" of a very old city.


Below the legacy of an old city and nostalgic city and looking back the from the opposite side of the gateway.

  

 

 Below is a contrast of today with reflections of over a thousand years earlier...




































































  


 

 


     

 



 

 
 


  

 



 

  

 

 

    
Walk Adana, live Adana and you'll grow to love Adana.
Aussie In Adana 2016 once again.... I hope you all enjoy my further blogs...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, You have shared very useful information. Thanks for it.
    http://www.airport-transfer-shuttle.com/antalya-transfer.html

    ReplyDelete