Friday, November 1, 2013

Blog 20. Adana Bus Driver

Blog 20. Adana Bus Driver


Another Adana bus ride, another adventure. This is just a bit of fun! :-) To set the context, see  Blog 4: PEDESTRIAN PERILS IN ADANA. It's in the 2012 October series. (link towards the bottom right)


Adana Bus Driver














I am an Adana Bus Driver,

And yes I own the street.

And if you don’t like the way I drive,

You can always use your feet!



It takes great skill to drive these streets you know,

A special licence to drive this maze.

The narrow alleys, roadwork’s and pedestrians chaos,

Mixed with traffic madness I encounter along my ways.




Please don’t complain I drive too fast,

And that my driving is so erratic.

I gesture strongly with hand and horn,

Because in Adana, one needs to be dramatic!



Don’t confuse my proficiency in profanity as insanity,

It takes great nerve to drive this city.

Driving, texting, taking calls and juggle money,

Well that can make anyone a little shitty!















Be happy cause I’m only ever a few minutes away.

And I'll get you to your destination fast.

The fact that I get you there at all be thankful,

A little admiration is all I ask.




So the next time you tourist come to Adana,

And on my bus you choose to venture.

Hold on to your seats and tip me well,

Because my bus is your true Adana tourist adventure!



Aussie in Adana. 2013

1 comment: